Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Mary and Joseph Take 2

Scott and I are getting lots of experience as Mary and Joseph this year! We were called last minute yesterday to come fill in at the live nativity they have here at the Washington DC temple Festival of Lights. We arrived with only a few minutes to get dressed and learn some 7 minute "live action show" we were starring in that neither of us had even seen before. It didn't involve any speaking so at least there was only memorization of where to move around etc. Our friends Spencer and Anie came and took photos of us so we could capture the moment. The older sister missionary who charge was very adamant about the actions we did so yes we did appear cheesy like the photos show. Lots of people came to see us - I think at one point we had over 100 people - it was kinda embarrassing to say the least as I am not an actress. The worst part for Scott though was ripping off the fake beard that they glued to his face (which might be a little overgrown right now as i told him he didn't have to shave until this weekend.) Also, attaching a picture of the festival of lights for those of you who haven't seen it.

4 comments:

kerri said...

Very cute! That is actually pretty funny! What a neat thing to do together... you're both very good sports and really... you look wonderful!

emily said...

Ha ha ha! Love it. Only disappointment is that I can't enlarge the pictures to get a better look at your acting! Way to go...you are getting a lot of practice in this role!

Anie said...

Like I said before, you guys were the BEST Mary and Joseph we've ever seen!!! You guys should really take up acting as a side job. Wait- never mind! The jobs you have now already take up WAY too much of your time!! :) We'll be sure to bring over the DVD of your Nativity Scene performance tonight!

David and Sarah said...

How did I miss seeing that? What a cool experience. You guys looked great. -Sarah Draper