Sunday, March 8, 2009

First Time Apart

So I know lame and cheesy but yes Scott and I had our first night apart about two weeks ago. It did come just after a long weekend together in Spokane so that made it more doable but we still missed each other a bit. I headed up to NYC for work and spent two nights (about 64 hours) without seeing Scott. I know I went over 30 years without Scott but now I can't imagine life without him. Working in NYC sure is a different experience...it was fun to see out the office window to the place where Scott proposed - Empire State Building. Looks like I'll be heading up to NYC again here soon so had to get this post done before the next time. Here's a pic from my hotel room - had to accompany a pic to the post, right?!

3 comments:

emily said...

Very cute. I don't remember the first time Scott and I were apart, but I do remember the first time I left my children overnight. :)

kerri said...

So neat to hear you are still so happy being together!! I don't know what I would do without Carl either!! But I must say, I do enjoy the short weekends a couple times a year he takes to St. George to Golf... kind of nice to have just "me time".

Leslie said...

I agree, it is so different when they aren't there. I already had a night without Rich a few weeks ago, and this weekend we'll spend 4 nights apart (he's got an interview in Edmonton so he can't come to the wedding). At least I won't be alone this time, and I'll get to see you!!! When do you guys fly in anyways?