So we had a wonderful time with Stacie's Aunt in Connecticut. We went in to New York City and watched the Macey's day parade from her office which is just across the street from Macey's (and inside police lines). Pictures Below.

We also tried black Friday shopping. We did the Sports Authority which was handing out coupons worth $10 to $500 to the first 80 customers. Of course all 6 of us all got $10 :(
So on Saturday we left to go home at 10:30 a.m. intending to get back by 3 p.m. We unfortunately we hit a major accident (actually a truck that caught on fire underneath a bridge) So we turned off the car and listened to music, read magazines, got blackberry updates on College football scores. Then when the cars decide to move after 2 hours our car decided not to start (figured out I left the lights on, had Garmin up, blackberry charging, and radio on was not a good combo) We were able to see the cars moving way up but before it got to us I had this old man try to jump our car. No luck. He drove off. Cars were going around us so we pushed the car to the side (which cars continue go around us on the grass which they did need to because all lanes were not moving which made Stacie go crazy because the cars were kicking up dirt and garbage (this is NJ) .) A nice man saw Stacie not happy and pulled over and jump us again, luckily this time it worked!! Unfortunately it took us another hour to get through the traffic. So we arrived at home at 6:30 p.m. A nice 8 hour drive!! To top it all off the jumping of the car tripped the anti-theft device on our stereo which prevented us from having a radio on the drive back. Luckily I figured out to fix it today. Showed off my mechanical skills!!
So on Saturday we left to go home at 10:30 a.m. intending to get back by 3 p.m. We unfortunately we hit a major accident (actually a truck that caught on fire underneath a bridge) So we turned off the car and listened to music, read magazines, got blackberry updates on College football scores. Then when the cars decide to move after 2 hours our car decided not to start (figured out I left the lights on, had Garmin up, blackberry charging, and radio on was not a good combo) We were able to see the cars moving way up but before it got to us I had this old man try to jump our car. No luck. He drove off. Cars were going around us so we pushed the car to the side (which cars continue go around us on the grass which they did need to because all lanes were not moving which made Stacie go crazy because the cars were kicking up dirt and garbage (this is NJ) .) A nice man saw Stacie not happy and pulled over and jump us again, luckily this time it worked!! Unfortunately it took us another hour to get through the traffic. So we arrived at home at 6:30 p.m. A nice 8 hour drive!! To top it all off the jumping of the car tripped the anti-theft device on our stereo which prevented us from having a radio on the drive back. Luckily I figured out to fix it today. Showed off my mechanical skills!!

1 comment:
Crappers is all I can think to say. So sorry!
We are in DC over Christmas, but I'm not sure we have a spare minute with doctors appointments, house closing, etc. If we do find a spare minute it'd be fun to meet up. Otherwise maybe next summer??? I am so ready to move back to America I can't stand it. And surprisingly last week when I was in DC it felt so much like home I couldn't believe it.
Post a Comment