Sunday, December 20, 2009

SNOW

It never really snows in DC. I honestly think I can count on both hands the numbers of times we've had snow that stuck for much more than a day here in DC over the past 9 years. As I am sure you all know, it snowed this weekend and it was definitely one for the record books. Everything was shut down yesterday and even church was canceled this morning due to the weather. According to the weather station, we got 22 inches in Gaithersburg - our measurement showed 17.5 but whatever. Scott and I ended up spending most of our time indoors or right outside our door shoveling. (OK yes Scott did 99% of the shoveling...and yes much of it was randomly in his PJ bottoms as the pics highlight) We are very happy the storm hit yesterday and not today as we fly out tomorrow to Denver - we are sure the airports are still going to be crazy though! We are excited for all of our friends who are staying local and get to have a white Christmas!!

3 comments:

Safire said...

Wasn't the snow awesome?! Loved it.

Terry Family said...

That is a lot of snow! I'm hoping we get some snow this year. Our inch was pretty pathetic and not worth the many dollars I spent on snow clothes for the kids! Safe travels. Not sure your package will make it in time. Kaitlyn has been sick the past 3 days, leaving me homebound. I may just send it to your house. We'll see...

emily said...

Too bad you won't be there to 'enjoy' it! Have fun in Colorado! :) We'll miss you guys.