Saturday, July 24, 2010

Upstate NY

I started this post a bit ago and didn't get far so I'll sum it up quick. We got invited to a pre-wedding celebration up in Rochester so decided to make a weekend of it and see a few things. We were pleasantly surprised to find a lot more then we were expecting up there. Our first stop was the Hill Cumorah where we learned it was pagent weekend - who knew?! So yes, we ended up going back there later that night, yes in the rain, to watch it. We toured all of the church sites that day and were able to conquer Rochester, enjoy the pre-wedding celebration and hit Niagara Falls in the next day. It was jam packed but a lot of fun. Amy and Jared seemed so happy and we loved catching up with them and relaxing in the pool! Unfortunately Niagara Falls isn't quite as fun when you are pregnant as who can walk all over the place AND stand for an hour on a crowded boat?! We opted out of the boat ride based on this but enjoyed the view from up above. It worked well that we got there around dusk so were able to see the "light show" on the falls. All in all a fun trip. The driving really wasn't that bad either - especially once I figured out reclining one's seat really is MUCH more comfortable so as to avoid extra pressure on the stomach. Scott was quite the trooper to put up with me, my needed bathroom breaks, my need for nourishment frequently, my sleepiness and my not so active self! Probably going to be our last hoorah before she comes...glad we took advantage!

1 comment:

emily said...

You finally figured out the reclining? I think our cars passenger seats were in a permanent reclined position when I was expecting. It was quite relaxing. :) Kim once even rode to disneyland in the back seat with beck while I relined pregnant with Gibson. ha ha ha!