
These first 5 weeks have flown by and Samantha has experienced many firsts. Not only has she met both sets of her grandparents but she has met 2 of her aunts, one uncle and 3 of her cousins. She is already beginning to see how loved she is by so many people. I can't wait for her to meet the rest of the family by the end of this year (Leslie, I am hoping you do somehow make it out!) She has been to a few places already including our work (while I got a flu shot), church, a few different stores, a play group, a few historic sites such as Antietam and downtown DC, out to eat - of course to Chipotle, all over our neighborhood on walks and of course the doctor. She has had her first prescription as she is lucky enough to suffer with reflux - oh this is fun for mom and dad too but we are hoping this latest dosage will do the trick! Yesterday she experienced her first diaper blow-out up her back - yes another fun time for mom! From the beginning she was very strong and very vocal but with time her grunts, squeaks, sucking and other noises have only grown louder. She truly is her Daddy's girl with how noisy she can be without even trying! She has not only gained her first pound but according to our last visit looks like she has gained over 2. Our favorite first was her smiling. She is especially good with this first thing in the morning and after feedings. Firsts we hope to see before not too long - sleeping more than 3 hours in a row at night, sleeping for more than an hour in her actual crib (she likes to sleep on us, in her bouncy seat or in the car seat), laughing and more actual response to our actions and keeping down more than half of what I feed her. (How she has gained so much weight is beyond us as dang she is a spitter upper!!!)
Enjoy a few of our favorite pics of this time!

(Btw...my recovery has been amazingly quick. I head to the doctor tomorrow and expect to get a clean bill of health. The more I learn about HELLP, the more blessed I feel that everything turned out so well for us! Now I just need to figure out how to best manage my time to make all of us happy between holding her, feeding her, trying to get her to sleep and trying to accomplish a thing here or there at home!)

4 comments:
I love those first two smiley pics! She's such a doll! Oh, and you now need to start uploading your pics in the largest size!!! :) You guys are amazing parents and it's been fun to experience this transition with you! I DO want to hang out more, but all in due time. By spring time Samantha is gonna want to be going to parks, swinging, interacting with other kids, etc. etc. Let us know if you need anything and when you're ready for more play dates!
She is so adorable! Congratulations! I'm glad you are doing well after such an ordeal--scary!
Peter wouldn't sleep in his crib for a long time either but we just put his car seat in the bassinet and let him sleep in it and it worked great until he was 7 or 8 months old!
Melissa
The smiles are so satisfying. :) I've been waiting for your first blowout up the back! I was hoping I could be there to witness your reaction. ha ha ha!! She's so cute.
Haha, I was thinking the same thing as Emmer. Boy would I have loved to see your reaction to the blowout:). I sure hope I can come see you guys too... I hat living so dang far away!
Post a Comment