Sunday, August 9, 2009

This Weekend

OK no time to post really but had to put up some pictures for Sara. This weekend we babysat her kids while she moved from Philly to Lancaster. A highlight for the kids was getting the chance to hang out with "Mr. Cousin-Once-Removed Ben" who took the time out of his last 24 hours in DC to be with us. Scott and I took a detour on our way to Lancaster to spend some time at Gettysburg with the kids. They enjoyed the battlefield but unfortunately the heat has hit so they didn't last too long. Julia was amazing though as she climbed the biggest tower there all by herself. That night we got to celebrate Julia's second birthday with them at a Family Restaurant in their new hometown Quarryville. (oh and I also got to meet their neighbors...yes they are in the middle of Amish country for sure - very nice neighbors but they need to be careful of horses and buggies!)

Off to girls camp I go....please wish me luck. And yes as luck would have it, I am heading up to camp in the HOTTEST week of the year. Good times!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Good Luck Stac! The girls will love you!!! :)

emily said...

Have fun at camp! What's Scott going to do without you?!

Anie said...

I can't wait to hear ALL about girls camp! You better call me on Friday. I'm sure you're having a blast and are the girls new BEST friend! :)