Sunday, September 13, 2009

Catching Up

OK I really don't have an excuse for being so delinquent on posting but I think it was Scott's turn to post and he has been working WAY TOO many hours recently so it hasn't gotten done. (that's my story at least) Below is a recap of some fun in the past few weeks.


Most recent fun has been cheering on our football teams. CAN YOU BELIEVE BYU IS TOP 10?! I actually don't have any pics but had to acknowledge that has been a big part, and will continue to be a big part of our future Saturdays! Thanks Jenkins for coming over to watch the games with us...it's always more exciting with friends.


Last week my parents came out to visit. It was kind of a last minute trip but it couldn't have been planned at a better time due to the awesome weather we had. We really enjoyed having them here and seeing the sites together. As they said, it was different to be able to hang out, play games and not be interrupted by kids. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE our trips to Peoa where there are nieces and nephews running around but I also loved allowing Scott and my parents get to know each other better.

For our first anniversary, I decided to keep with the theme and get a paper gift - a ticket to the Rockies / Nationals game. It was pretty dang hot but fortunately we were not disappointed as OUR Rockies pulled off a win. I did have to quiet Scott a few times as he can be a loud fan...! Our favorite moment of the game though was watching a guy, clearly on date, give a shirt that he caught to the girl behind him instead of his date. To his credit, she kinda had her hand on it too, but his date would have NONE of that as she asked, "Where's my shirt?!" and moved over to the other side of her seat. At one point I thought she was leaving and he kinda ran after her...they did reappear with ice cream and maybe a few other gifts but she still was not showin' much love.

Last momentous event I can think about was a few weeks ago now, we decided we wanted to hit our local county fair. We thought it might be boring to go alone so we decided to take Madi. Although I think she was a little worried at first to be without her Mom, she warmed up and we had a great time. As someone put it, it was great to "rent a kid for the night" and try our hands at parenthood. Not sure we are ready yet but it was great fun none the less! Oh and on that note, I think we have become favorites to sit by at church. Scott makes Sacrament Meeting more fun for the kids as he gives them more attention than probably their parents would like. Two weeks ago by the end of the meeting, we were surrounded by 4 kids who had left their parents to join us. (As one girl in our ward put it..."it's just that you and Scott are kid lovers!")

2 comments:

Janet Musgrave said...

``We know you had more fun than Madi at the fair. The pictures are great!!

Callie said...

Oh my goodness - we were at that Rockies/Nationals game! I guess this comment section isn't really the place to tell you the whole story. I'll tell you about it tonight. :)