Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!












We decided we needed a break from DC and all the craziness of work so we headed to my sister's home in Lancaster for Easter. We headed up Saturday morning but got delayed as we ran over something and tore off our roter cover?! After some very LOUD driving on I-70 until the next exit as the stupid thing hung off our car, we made it to Midas and they helped us out. Their help included ripping the thing off our car and telling us it wasn't really necessary anyway so we could be on our way. We were lucky to find them first as I am sure a mechanic would have charged us an arm and a leg for something similar.

We had fun with the Liecthys. We listend to conference while sitting outside. Ok really I lounged around outside while Scott helped Merrill attach wheels to the bottom of their chicken coup. It was such a fun relaxing day...one that the two of us needed! We ended the day by splitting up to watch a chick flick and a guys movie. I loved watching Anne of Green Gables and you can see how much Scott got out of his documentary on Aircraft carriers.

Easter festivities included an Easter Egg hunt where the 2 yr old won out really as the other two followed each other around while she went her own way around the yard and had no competition. It was pretty funny to watch! We also got to watch them hunt for their Easter Egg baskets this morning. It brought back many memories for me as poor Annabelle got frustrated with not being able to find hers as quickly as she would have hoped!

The worst part of the trip was packing up this morning. I started to pack up our clothes and found chicken poop on Scott's belt. Since I was inside I decided to just cover it up with his shirt and deal with it when I got home. While trying to cover it up, I started dry heaving and well my cadbury egg from the morning fun came up. Let's just say I don't think I will be eating Cadbury Eggs anytime soon...too bad as this was the first (non-Caramel one) of the season!

4 comments:

emily said...

That is a cool swing! Looks like a really fun Easter. :)

Kim said...

Haha, mom and I were laughing hard at your chicken poop story! :)

Sara said...

Thanks for the pics and recap. We had a great time too! Sorry about the chicken poop!

Kerri said...

Are you pregnant Stac??