Saturday, September 26, 2009

Eating Out









I had training last week up in New Jersey. Although it was good to be trained and see another side of LM, I'll be honest 4 days is a long time to be away from home! Fortunately for me, I met a fun coworker who kept me entertained while we were up there. She convinced me to head in to Philly for dinner two nights and I have honestly never seen someone who enjoyed food soo much. The first night I didn't realize at all what I was getting myself into but it was the restaurant of Iron Chef Morimoto and it was pretty dang swanky! (see pic) The focus was sushi and she spent over $80 on her plate and said it was the best she has ever had (see other pic and the awesome presentation!) I don't like sushi - yes I tried it once in Japan so I think I can say I don't like it - but had AWESOME cooked salmon that didn't cost nearly as much! The next night we hit steak...again I didn't actually eat steak but I had pretty dang good potatoes and veggies :) She laughed that I actually came along with her despite not eating their specialities but I thought it was a fun adventure none the less. I never could do those types of restaurants on a normal basis but it was a fun diversion...

1 comment:

Melissa F said...

I know I could just email you but I always leave random comments on your blog instead.
I saw penguins!!!!!!! Unfortunately it was the season when they all go out to eat so there weren't tons there, and I hate to say it, but they kind of smell bad.
We ahd fun seeing them though and of course I thought of you.